After a long period of silence, it is my pleasure to announce that a new version of F-Spot has been released: 0.6.2.
Notable changes in this release are:
- We no longer embed Mono.Addins. The distribution copy should be used from now on.
- A ton of bugfixes and usability improvements, part of them coming from the Ubuntu One Hundred Papercuts effort. Many thanks for everyone involved!
- Lots of cleanups and small performance improvements.
- The screensaver code has been migrated from old and slow to new and fast.
- A stop-gap fix for the long standing issue of timestamps being changed on import. The default policy is now to not touch them. This should lead to the least confusion among the majority of our users. If desired, additional techniques can be developed for those who want it otherwise.
- A pile of translation updates.
- As of this release, we’re switching to a versioning scheme where even version numbers denote stable versions and uneven versions denoting development versions. There’s also a stable branch which can be tracked. More info on this will come in a separate email.
- 573 files changed, 81197 insertions(+), 85122 deletions(-)
All of this has been made possible by our contributors. While I have the honor of announcing it (being the new maintainer), it should be noted that most of this was made possible by Stephane Delcroix, our previous maintainer.
People with code contributions to this release:
Alex Launi, Dave Neary, Gabriel Burt, Jeffrey Finkelstein, Jeffrey Stedfast, Lorenzo Milesi, Matt Perry, Michal Nánási, Pascal de Bruijn, Paul Wellner Bou, Ruben Vermeersch, Stephane Delcroix, Wojciech Dzier